Monday, November 26, 2012


Last week we celebrated Thanksgiving. The plan originally was to go to Idaho and be there with my parents and some of my siblings but at the last minute plans sadly changed. As I talked to my mom on Thanksgiving-eve she said that no matter the circumstances I should make the best of the day and be happy. I was in the Walmart parking lot getting ready to go in and buy clorox and dishsoap but after talking to her I added some thanksgiving ingredients to the menu to pick up too.

There was no turkey or pumpkin pie (the turkeys were rock solid frozen and i didn't think one would be defrosted to cook and be ready in time, and I am sadly the only one in the family who likes pumpkin pie!) so we went with ham and an apple caramel cake.

Thanksgiving morning we watched the Macys day parade and I made crescent rolls and deviled eggs (both staples at thanksgiving although my mom's rolls are much better! mine turned out well for my second time using yeast :). and of course some potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and the little pickles and carrots (that are also tradition!)

Rocky invited his sisters over to eat with us and I called my family in the evening to see how their day was. I spent a lot of time remembering past thanksgivings...from the ones in California to the ones in Idaho with married siblings! Also of course remembering black friday shopping teehee....and of course I was on the phone with my dad when some of my siblings left to get in on some of the "gray thursday" deals. 

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who I love and adore, and our little Riley who is so funny and growing so fast! As well as my extended family for their love and support. I have so much to be thankful for, including the gospel, many opportunities, and of course our safety and health!

Speaking of which...a couple days after thanksgiving riley came down with croup but luckily we caught it early and took him to the doctor who gave examined him- his lungs still sounded good- and gave him some steroids to help with the inflammation in his throat. we kept him in (although the doctor said the cold air would be good for him) and told him no late night parties! He is doing a lot better now. It made me so sad when he woke up various times during the night crying because he was so congested and coughing. During the day he didn't let it keep him down, although he was a little more snuggly :) he is usually not a snuggly baby at all so that part was nice to be able to hold him and cuddle him! He is super inquisitive and curious!

No comments: