Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today is November 3rd. I can't believe we are in November already! My classes are going...okay for the most part. With the exception of spanish and math. I'm stressed out and have a lot to do and am also looking for a job. Next week I'll register for classes for winter. I'm also deciding if I'm going to stay here in this apartment complex! It has its pros and cons.
Rodolfo is now Elder Moreno. He went into the MTC last Wednesday (has it really only been a week, it feels like more...) and we have been writing and it is really hard not talking to him because he is who I would talk to every day and when I felt down or upset or happy or excited or had good new or bad news or needed advice or wanted to give advice lol he was always just a phone call away. I am really glad i had the weekends I had to go visit him and also for being there his last day before he left to go to the MTC. A little crazy, I know...I left early early Monday morning (of last week) after being there the weekend to come back here to school for my classes (he almost came with me) and we had talked about me coming back up one more time but it looked like there was going to be snow, so that is why he didn't drive up with me to Rexburg. After my classes I couldn't stand the thought of not being with him one more time before he left, so after checking the weather forecasts, I grabbed my laptop and my backpack and a few other things and headed back to Salt Lake City! I felt so peaceful, calm and so happy going back...and a little crazy 'cause I was just there earlier that day! But it didn't matter, I was going to see him again and it turned out to be just what I needed.
There was some snow on Tuesday (we had a little trouble getting to the West Jordan temple where we did a session) but it just snowed on and off. Monday night was great to hang out with his family and talk and eat and Tuesday we went to the temple, ate at Subway, got a few more things he needed, etc, and then at 7pm we went to the stake center and met up with his family and his bishop and he was set apart as a missionary! Before I left to go back to Rexburg, he gave me a blessing. I have no regrets going back (the 3 1/2 hr drive is so familiar now!) and I am greatcoat for all the memories we have together so far! From how we first met, to when he told me how he felt about me, to seeing how it wasn't coincidence that we are where we are now.
Okay so maybe you could tell I'm missing him a LOT (sometimes it will just hit me really hard)! Thank goodness for letters. And that he is doing the work of the Lord because I know this is where he needs to be right now and that it is not our time, it is the Lords. It makes me think a lot about my mission as well, and also about what I can do now as far a missionary work goes, as well as what I can do to prepare for the future. It is true that sometimes the little and seemingly insignificant things are the things that matter most. And it is because of those things that I can continue day to day to put my life in perspective and think positive and follow the spirit and learn something new each day and recognize the many blessings I have.

No comments: