Saturday, March 12, 2011

I love my family so much, including my new extended family- Rocky's family. I have the best suegras (in-laws) EVER and I love everyone I have gotten to meet so far and the ones I have talked to over the phone and through skype! That is why we were all glued to the tv and trying to call over to his family who live in Japan Thursday night where the 9.1 earthquake took place. For them it was around 2pm Friday.

Thankfully they are all okay! We were worried because we weren't able to get a hold of anyone by phone at first because the lines were jammed and at one point they may have been down. They live near Tokyo so they felt the quake pretty strongly and the oil refinery that caught on fire is in the city where they live as well. They did have some evacuations but luckily the tsunami did not affect their area. They are still feeling aftershocks this morning when we skyped with them and say things are a mess.

I can't even imagine what it must be like. We are keeping all of them in our prayers and are glad they are safe and that Japan is a country that is better prepared for this kind of natural disaster. I will keep you (that read the blog!) updated as we learn more. It for sure seems more real when it happens to people you know.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I'm so glad to hear everyone was safe! I was thinking about you & Rocky's family when I heard the sad news.

Marissa said...

The disasters in Japan are crazy and the sisters at Temple Square from Japan were in hysterics as well. I saw your comment on my blog and I'm sorry but I was just wondering if we have ever met in person. Your comment was sweet and thank you. You can email me at mjschroedter@gmail.com to talk more :)