Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Every day should be a day of LOVE


First of all, my camera died so any pictures (until I get a new camera- I am looking!) will be older ones.
First...Valentine's day really made me appreciate the fact that even though I'm glad we have a day to celebrate love and things like that, I'm so grateful that Rocky doesn't reserve sharing how he feels about me or saying I love you or giving me a shoulder massage or making me dinner, or any of those many special things he does for me- only for Valentine's day. He does those kind of things daily and I think Valentine's Day should be a reminder to us to make people feel special and loved every day, not just once or twice a year (birthdays can be special as well..).

We knew from the start (even before Monday) we would both be working and Rocky would be working late, until at least 11:30 (which ended up being midnight) because they had a performance/show at the restaurant that night- they had 2 other shows Friday and Saturday. I love to celebrate holidays and do something special, even if we are not going to be able to have the whole day together.

I made Valentine cookies on Sunday and decorated on Monday, cutting out "Feliz Dia de Amor y Amistad!" (Happy day of Love and Friendship) and hearts out of Valentine scrapbook paper to hang up at home. I had a "heart attack" almost when I went to the restaurant at lunch and saw that Rocky had burned his hands (one more than the other he was picking up a metal bowl that was sitting on the grill that he thought was cold but was really HOT and so the bowl was burning hot as well). Luckily they acted quickly and his hands didn't start to blister. They were hurting a TON so I gave him some medicine to lessen the pain.

The best "valentine" to both of us came on Saturday when we got the letter in the mail that Rocky has an interview with immigration for residency! We are both so so excited and are gathering the needed documentation to have everything ready.

We did reminisce over the weekend because it was a year ago (on the 13-14th) that we met! It has been amazing and there have been unexpected changes and we have both learned and grown a lot and become even closer through the things we have been through and I wouldn't change any of it. We are excited for what is to come!

1 comment:

Betty said...

A lovely post, Laura. Thanks for sharing. I miss you.